Hey read this!

If you want to follow my blog via email, scroll to the bottom and follow instructions. If you think instructions are for losers, then figure it out yourself. Either way works for me. Skoal.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

we went with someone else

Last week, I interviewed for a job. This would have been a step or two up on the ladder, managing a large staff and undoubtedly presenting many challenges. Well, as the title suggests, I did not get the job. They went with someone on the inside. I am disappointed, but this is not the first time someone takes a pass on me, and probably will not be the last. Yes, it's nice to be even considered, to have someone outside of my present environment think I am worthwhile. Coming in second in a job search is not much consolation, as there is no prize for second place. So, for awhile, I am still (stuck?) in middle management. But I made sure to send a thank you note to the interviewers, you never know, their first candidate may enter a mid life crisis and run away to Mexico. I stand at the ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment